We began in order to meet a need. . .
In 2011, people from area churches and non-profit agencies saw a need to more effectively minister to people short on resources. They began meeting and talking. They discovered:
- Many local organizations wanted to work together to serve those in need.
- Information about resources was hard to get and services were scattered.
- There were gaps between available services and actual needs.
- A need for transportation or gas money was often an issue.
- Affordable transitional and/or permanent housing was scarce.
Over time, they realized the need to provide a holistic approach to needs through building relationships with people in difficult life situations, and The Well was born.
What is The Well?
The Well Resource Center is an organization of people from area churches, non-profits, businesses, and foundations interested in more effectively ministering to those in need in the Pella area. As we work together and combine our efforts we can better address the needs that exist in our community. Through volunteers and partnerships with churches and social service agencies, we hope to be a place of encouragement and support that connects people to necessary resources.
Our community will be positively impacted as lives are transformed from hopeless to hopeful, from faithless to faithful. Our desire is to see needs met, relationships reconciled and faith put into action for the glory of God.